Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Crinkle Ornaments

I have plenty of scrapbook paper leftover from other projects, so I wanted to use it to make some more tree ornaments.

I came up with the "crinkle ornament."



First, I gathered my supplies (does a silly kitten count as a supply?).




I cut a strip of paper, folded it over and over accordian-style, and then folded it lengthwise to make a little fan. (I used double-sided tape to stick the edges of the fan together.)



I grabbed my trusty buttons.



And I glued them in the center.




Now they're ready for the tree!


(P.S., I'm linking this to Creative Share Wednesday, Blue Cricket's Show and Tell, Strut Your Stuff Thursday, Beyond the Picket Fence, House of Hepworths, Inspiration Friday, Feathered Nest Friday, Sassy Sites, Remodelaholic Friday, Saturday Night Special, and Saturday Soiree.  See their buttons at their permanent home on my sidebar!

This post is also linked to

10 comments:

  1. Your fan ornaments are so pretty! I've been wanting to make over one of our garlands, without buying anything new for it! Now I know what I can make to embellish it, thanks for the inspirations! Your fans would also be so pretty on gifts rather than bows:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! What a great idea for leftover scrapbook paper. Re. your comment on my blog about all my books...lol, those pictures were just the tip of the iceberg. I actually have a ton more. Books are one of my weaknesses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute and so easy. Thanks for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of scrap paper.....crinkle ornaments! Love anything with buttons! Thank you for stopping by. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable and just up my budget alley!!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! I would like to make some of these, too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What charming little ornaments!! They are so sweet~ thank you for sharing these cuties at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly! Those are absolutely adorable! And, so easy to do. I could see an entire little tree with those hanging all over it! Thanks so much for linking up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet and vintage looking and a great way to use paper scraps.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are very cute- I always have leftover scrapbook paper that I need little projects for. (silly kittens are always needed!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails