Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm really not a sentimental girl.

Really!

But it's hard not to feel a wee bit Valentine-y when I look at this picture of my husband and me the day after we were engaged.



There's actually not a whole lot of photos of us pre-marriage....after all, we had only been dating for five months when we got engaged!


I'm really not a "lovey" girl.  I don't like romantic comedies or love songs.  But here I am, on my wedding day, with my husband, less than one year after we'd first met.



When it was time to leave the church, I found that it was not an easy task waving goodbye to your whole family.  I could not have done it for just anyone.


Here we are in Costa Rica on our honeymoon....a huge step for me!  My first time out of the country, and my first trip as a "married lady."  I could have only done that with someone I truly trusted and loved.



I have to admit, I'm not the kind of girl who finds it easy to fall in love.

But I'm glad I did.

Happy Valentine's Day!

11 comments:

  1. So sweet ! Pretty and handsome couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - hopping over from "I Love my online friends" blog hop. I love your blog and I'm looking forward to browsing all the lovely crafty things on here. best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet love story! Wishing a beautiful couple a beautiful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! Your wedding dress is gorgeous. You both make a stunning couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's sweet! Beautiful pics!

    Thanks for stopping by Magical Mouse Schoolhouse! I am following you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... what a beautiful bride you are!! I am sure your husband is glad you
    hopped on board the "love" train:)

    Thanks again for stopping by Loving Life In Full Bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wedding picture is beautiful and your dress is stunning! You have some really cute ideas. Found you at DebbieDoo's
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww what a sweet story. I just happened on your blog. Love it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wedding photos are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your sweet story, and for visiting my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet post! love the newlywed pictures :) happy love day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are beautiful and your husband so handsome...here's to many, many years of a happy and loving marriage. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails