Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flower Cone

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I hate waste.

So I made a flower cone, literally, out of trash.



Well, not everything is downright trash.  Some parts of it are those little scraps that are too big to just throw away but too small to be really useful.  Like a little leftover craft moss, floral wire, and tan scrapbookpaper.




But some of it was most certainly bound-for-the-garbage trash.  Old silk flowers, woven wallpaper samples from the early 90s.




And now this would-be waste is out of a landfill and hanging in my den, reminding me of the blooming May occurring outdoors.


And it didn't cost me a thing.



In addition to the parties on my Blog Parties tab, I'm linking to:
Sunday Showcase
Craftomaniac Monday

7 comments:

  1. Adorable Kelly! I love that you were able to create something so cute out of leftover scraps headed for the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower cone is really cute Kelly. And I love the doggie photo on your side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly - Your scrap flower cones are so pretty. I love that you have used recycled materials - very creative and clever. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase party – I greatly appreciate it. I hope you don’t mind that I have included this in today’s features. Hope you have a lovely holiday weekend ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails