Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Zucchini Pesto Pasta

My garden has been a dream lately.  We've cut tons of basil, and over the weekend, we picked a nice big zucchini.  So, I wanted to make a meal of garden produce!



I didn't have a recipe to follow.  I was just playing it by ear, so to speak.  But roughly, I used:
1 thinly sliced zucchini
2 cups uncooked pasta
1 cup homemade pesto sauce
2 cups thinly sliced chicken breast
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Garlic salt
Salt and pepper

I cut the zucchini ino thin ribs and sauteed it in garlic salt and olive oil.



And then, well, I mixed everything (zucchini strips, cooked chicken, cooked pasta, cheese, and pesto sauce) together!  It tasted so good.


So unbelievably fresh!






7 comments:

  1. Looks YUMMY! I'll have to give this a try, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmm - yummy!!! I like vegetables and chicken. I'm sure, I'll try your idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Hugs
    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, looks like I will be making this for dinner tomorrow, thanks for sharing

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks and sounds wonderfully delish! I love Zuc!
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zucchini Pesto Pasta, wow say that three times, fast. :) looks delicious Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gardens are beautiful and to have your own fresh picked zucchini & basil is just perfect.
    Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails