Friday, January 13, 2012

Best Blondies

I'm actually not a big fan of brownies.  I know!

I do love Blondies, though!  Here's a very quick and easy recipe.  I whipped these up Sunday night, just for little old me.

Best Blondies

1 1/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans

 

  1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9 x 9 x 1-3/4 inch pan.
  2.  Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside. In a large bowl, beat together sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
  3. Stir the flour mixture and the nuts into the egg mixture until well-blended. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. (Batter will be a little dry and hard to spread--this is ok!) 



Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges start to pull away from pan. While still warm, use a knife to slice into squares.



Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love blondies & these seem so simple to make. I might have to make a batch to accompany our movie for tonight. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried one before! They sound yummy! I love brownies, though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish! I've not had blondies in forever. May have to bake me a batch!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails