The finished product!
They are easier than you can imagine.
At Lowe's, I got cream-colored, slightly distressed tiles for thirty-something cents each.
Pulled out some scrapbook paper.
Cut it to size, Mod Podged them on the tiles, and repeated. This actually took awhile because I did quite a few coats (probably in the neighborhood of 7 or 8) because I wanted them to be really throroughly sealed since they'd be exposed to water.
I did two of each pattern to make a little set.
I also added felt pads to the bottom to prevent scratching.
Voila! I'm adding these to my Etsy shop along with another similar set.
P.S. I'm linking this project up to Saturday Night Special, Perfectly Imperfect, and What's Up Wednesday. See their buttons at their permanent home on my sidebar!